On a recent visit to San Francisco I was reminded of one of my favorite things—the sight and smell of sidewalk flower stands. So I decided that this year my good intentions will include the following:
• I will become more appreciative of the beauty that surrounds me and I will seek it out
• When tempted to grouse about things that piss me off I will, instead, take a deep breath and find one thing to focus on that makes me smile
• As much as I love spending time with my family, I will insist that they respect my need for solitary time to write
• I will take time to move my body each day as a way of honoring all it does for me
• I will believe in my dreams
2010—Bring it On!