I just got Tagged by Design it Chic! She has a very fun blog you should definitely check out. This kind of thing's never happened before so I feel very flattered. Well, here goes...
Here are the rules of Tag:
* List Six Unimportant Things That Make You Happy.
* Mention and link to the person who tagged you.
* Tag six of your favorite bloggers to play along, and comment on their blog to let them know they've been tagged.
These Are Six Unimportant Things That Make Me Happy (but honestly, if they make me happy, then how could they really be unimportant?)
1. Peonies. I have always thought peonies were beautiful but lately I've fallen in love with them. Our local Trader Joe's has been carrying bouquets of them the past few weeks--4-5 blooms for $7 and I've not been able to resist. Who wouldn't love a face like this?
2. My latest favorite drink--cream sherry over crushed ice with a bit of juice and a twist from a Meyer lemon. A glass of this is lovely before dinner or just to sip while enjoying the sunset in the back yard.
3. The light but intoxicating scent of honeysuckle. Our honeysuckle bush is huge and just loaded with blossoms and it makes me smile whenever I head out the back door. The hummingbirds are pretty fond of it too.
4. A perfectly made latte--rich coffee with thick, creamy foam and just a sprinkle of chocolate on top. This one I had yesterday at Michelle Marie's Patisserie with my good friend Cynthia was especially nice.
5. Black. I have been in love with this non-color since I was a very little girl. My mother thought it was an inappropriate color for children so when I was four I used my Christmas money to buy myself a black dress. My whole family kids me now when I come home with a new piece of clothing I've fallen in love with because 90% of the time it will be in black.
6. Fireworks. Not firecrackers, which I only consider annoying and a little bit scary. But huge, gorgeous displays in the sky of giant pixie dust, the bigger and more extravagant the better. In South Lake Tahoe they set them off over the lake and synchronize them to music for the Fourth of July and they are truly spectacular.
And now on to six blogs I love:
1. Thinking of Blue
2. A Shimmy in My Spirit
3. At the Porch Swing
4. Daily Dose of Diva
5. Just a Plane Ride Away
6. Wind In Your Vagina
And once again, thank you Design it Chic. This was fun.