Friday, May 1, 2009
Gratitude -- Days Ten and Eleven
Once again I have been out and about (a good thing) and haven't had time to sit at my computer reflecting on all the wonderful things I have going on in my life.
Today I am grateful for:
1. Being busy.
2. Rediscovering my joy of creating digital art. I've posted one of my new pieces, "Red Rose Salute", above.
3. Having health insurance. I've been on both sides of this issue and even though it costs a bloody fortune I am grateful we have it.
4. Meyers lemons. I just love the juice from these lemons--sweet and sour at the same time.
5. Lazy conversation in front of a cozy fireplace on a rainy evening.
6. High tea at Lovejoy's Tea Room on Church Street in San Francisco where I spent this afternoon. What fun! Aromatic tea, tiny crust-free sandwich triangles, scones with clotted cream and jam, fresh fruit and conversation with old and new women friends. It's hard to beat an afternoon spent like this.
7. The sound of rain on the skylight.
8. Having my family together for the weekend.
9. HBO (I never thought I'd say that.) I am addicted to three shows on HBO--"Big Love", "In Treatment" and "The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency". All are engaging, well written and wonderfully acted.
10. A roof over my head and my warm comfy bed that awaits me. (It is almost midnight and my dreams are beckoning.)