Today I am grateful for:
1. Losing myself for a few moments in the very intense, intoxicating smell of a gorgeous peach colored rose.
2. Elizabeth Berg. She is one of my favorite authors and today I finished her newest novel, "Home Safe", which I loved. The amazing thing was that part of the story mentions Santa Rosa and takes place in Mill Valley where I grew up. I didn't know this when I began the book so it was a lovely sort of surprise.
3. Today was my daughter's last final for the semester so I am done with driving duty every day. In some ways I'll miss the chance for conversation in the car and for the sitting-and-waiting-in-the-car time I use mainly to write, but overall I look forward to having more time to set up my studio.
4. Getting to do more writing now that I'm taking two new classes. Somehow having a class legitimizes for me, and everyone around me, the time I spend just sitting, staring off into space, and actually writing.
5. Feeling really excited about what I am doing.