Yesterday I never got around to posting. I spent most of the day dashing from appointment to appointment or sitting in the car waiting for my daughter to finish HER appointments. Throughout the day I made mental notes of what I was thankful for such as:
1. Having a car that I truly enjoy driving (a 2006 Toyota Highlander)
2. The happy glow of orange California poppies keeping company with purple-blue lupines along the roadside
3. Snowy white egrets who fly over the roadways near where I live. They are so graceful and elegant.
4. My cell phone (I remember when you had to find a phone booth and correct change any time you wanted to "reach out and touch someone"
5. That Santa Rosa has free wireless hot spots throughout the city where you can access the Internet from your laptop
Today I am grateful for the following:
1. Birdsong outside my window proclaiming joy at a new day
2. My loveable cats, Mystic and Emma, who've managed to adapt nicely to their new home
3. Listening to the contented snores of my dog, Chelsea, as she snoozes at my feet
4. The amazing Internet that allows all of us to connect so easily with one another
5. The unlimited potential of the day that awaits me.