Today I'm grateful for:
1. Dog groomers. Chelsea is all cute and smiley after getting her summer cut today. I'm sure she'd look all sad and gnarly if it fell to me to keep her trimmed.
2. Lively music at the Apple Blossom Festival in Sebastopol today. It was a perfect day to stroll about looking at vendors' wares and eating chicken kabobs.
3. Wonderful quilters who shared their art at the festival. I have always admired people who can make art from cloth, thread and scissors.
4. Hot air balloons. I saw four of them yesterday morning when I was on the road by 7:30. I always feel I've been touched by magic when I see hot air balloons and I can't wait for the 20th Annual Sonoma County Hot Air Balloon Classic, June 13–14, 2009, http://www.schabc.org/. One of the highlights of my life was going to a hot air balloon festival in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and getting to go up in a balloon on my thirty-fifth birthday.
5. Having a bedroom on the second floor where I can look out into the trees and see birds flitting from branch to branch and singing for all they are worth.